You Qiang, Ph.D.
College of Science
Campus Locations: Moscow
Department of Physics
With UI Since 2002
Ph.D. 1997, Physics, University of Freiburg, Germany
M.S.1985, Physics, Harbin Institute of Technology and Chinese Academy of Space Technology
Dr. Qiang has studied magnetic nanoparticles and nanocomposites for more than 30 years. His expertise includes: synthesis of nanoclusters and nanocluster-assembled composites; and characterization of magnetic and optical properties as well as transports of the nanomaterials by conductivity, optic and susceptibility. He applies magnetic nanomaterials in energy, environmental and biomedical science and technology.
- W. Jiang, J. S. McCloy, A. S. Lea, J. A. Sundararajan, Q. Yao, and Y. Qiang, “Magnetization and susceptibility of ion irradiated granular magnetite films“, Physical Review B, 83, 134435 (2011).
- C. M. Wang, D. Baer, M.H. Engelhard, J. Antony and Y. Qiang “Morphology and Electronic Structure of Oxide Shell on the Surface of Iron Nanoparticles”, JACS, 131, 8824-8832 (2009).
- You Qiang, Jiji Antony, Amit Sharma, Sweta Pendyala, Joe Nutting, Daniel Sikes and Daniel Meyer, “Iron/Iron Oxide Core-Shell Nanoclusters for Biomedical Applications”, J. of Nanoparticle Research, 8 (2006) 489.
- Y.F. Tian, J. Antony, R. Souza, S.S. Yan, L.M. Mei and Y. Qiang, “Giant positive magnetoresistance in Co-doped ZnO nanocluster films”, Appl. Phys. Letters, 92, (2008) 192109.
- Y.F. Tian, J. Antony, R. Souza, S.S. Yan, L.M. Mei and Y. Qiang, “Giant positive magnetoresistance in Co-doped ZnO nanocluster films”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 92, (2008) 192109.
- Y. F. Tian, S. Yan, Q. Cao, J. X. Deng, Y. X. Chen, G. L. Liu, L. M. Mei, and Y. Qiang, “Origin of large positive magnetoresistance in the hard-gap regime of epitaxial Co-doped ZnO ferromagnetic semiconductors”, Phys. Rev. B 79, (2009)115209,
- Jiji Antony, You Qiang, Faheem Muhammad, Daniel Meyer, David E. McCready, and Mark H. Engelhard “Ferromagnetic semiconductor nanoclusters: Co-doped Cu2O”, Appl. Phys. Letters, 90, (2007) 013106.