Lyudmyla Barannyk, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics
With UI Since 2007
Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences, New Jersey Institute of Technology and Rutgers the State University of New Jersey, 2003
M.S. in Applied Mathematics, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2000
Applied Mathematics, Scientiﬁc Computing, Mathematical Modeling, Asymptotic Methods, Boundary Integral Methods, Vortex Methods, Pseudo-Spectral Methods, Fluid Dynamics, Interfacial Instability, Partial Differential Equations, Grid-Free Numerical Methods
- L.L. Barannyk, D.T. Papageorgiou, and P.G. Petropoulos. Suppression of Rayleigh-Taylor instability using electric ﬁelds (2010) (submitted to Mathematics and Computers in Simulation)
- L.L. Barannyk and D.T. Papageorgiou. Fully nonlinear gravity-capillary solitary waves in a two-ﬂuid system of ﬁnite depth. J. Engrg. Math. 42 (2002) 321–339.
- L.L. Barannyk and L.F. Barannyk. On the classiﬁcation of subalgebras of the Poincare algebra AP(2, n). (Ukrainian) Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukrainy 8 (1998) 17–20.
- L.L. Barannyk. Invariant solutions of a nonlinear system of differential equations for electromagnetic ﬁeld. J. Nonlin. Math. Phys. 4: 3–4 (1997) 482–491.
- W.I. Fushchych and L.L. Barannyk. Symmetry reduction on subalgebras of the Poincare algebra of a nonlinear system of differential equations of a vector ﬁeld. (Ukrainian) Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukrainy 8 (1997) 50–57.
- Nonlinear gravity-capillary waves in a channel in the presence of electric fields (joint with D.T. Papageorgiou, Imperial College London, and P.G. Petropoulos, New Jersey Institute of Technology)
- Evolution of solitary waves in a channel (joint with W. Choi, New Jersey Institute of Technology, and R. Krasny, University of Michigan)
- A fast method for simulating mesoscopic dynamics of large ODE systems (joint with A. Panchenko, Washington State University)
- SEED Grant, University of Idaho, Propagation of Solitary Waves in a Channel, 2008
- Rackham Faculty Research Fellowship, University of Michigan, Evolution of Vortex Sheets in a Channel, 2004