Hirotachi Abo, Ph.D.
College of Science
With UI Since 2006
Department of Mathematics
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Saarland University (Germany), 2002
Algebraic Geometry and Commutative Algebra
- On the dimensions of secant varieties of Segre-Veronese varieties (together with Maria Chiara Brambilla), accepted for publication in Ann. Mat. Pura Appl.
- New examples of defective secant varieties of Segre-Veronese varieties (together with Maria Chiara Brambilla), Collect. Math. 63 (2012), no. 3, 287-297.
- Non-defectivity of Grassmanns of planes (together with Giorgio Ottaviani and Chris Peterson), J. Algebraic Geom. 21 (2012)m no. 1, 1-20.
- On non-defectivity of certain Segre-Veronese varieties, J. Symbolic Comput. 45 (2010), 1254-1269.
- Secant varieties of Segre-Veronese varieties Pm x Pn embedded by the morphism given by O(1,2) (together with Maria Chiara Brambilla), Experiment. Math. 18 (2009), 269-284.
- Petersen plane arrangements and a surface with multiple 7-secants (together with Holger P. Kley and Chris Peterson), Adv. Geom. 9 (2009), no. 3, 349-369.
- Induction for secant varieties of Segre varieties (together with Giorgio Ottaviani and Chris Peterson), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 361 (2009), 767-792.
- National Science Foundation, 2009-2012, "Collaborative Research: Algebraic Geometry of Tensors"