Hejun Kang, Ph.D.
College of Science
Campus Locations: Moscow
Department of Geography
With UI Since 2008
Ph.D. McMaster University, School of Geography and Earth Sciences, 2008
Dissertation: Moving Beyond the Individual: Activity-Based Modeling of Time Use and Travel Behavior Incorporating Intra-Household Interactions
M.GIS University of Calgary, Department of Geography, 2004
Dissertation: Application of GIS and Remote Sensing in Lynx Occurrence Probability Modeling in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
B.S. Beijing Normal University, Department of Resource and Environmental Science, 2000
Activity-based Transportation Modeling
Geographic Information Systems
3-D Geovisualization and Object-oriented Programming
Health and Policy
Land Use and Transportation Planning
Dr. Kang’s research encompasses areas of: GIS and visualization, transportation geography, time geography, integrated land-use and transportation models, activity analysis, human interactions and social exclusion. She serves as a board member of the Transportation Geography Specialty Group, the Association of American Geographers since April 2009.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott (2011) Impacts of different criteria for identifying intra-household interactions: a case study of household time allocation. Transportation 38: 81-99.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott (2010) Exploring day-to-day variability in time use for household members. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 44: 609-619.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott, S. Doherty (2009) Priority of joint activities in the household activity scheduling process. Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2134: 82-88.
- Kang H., S.M. Alexander (2009) Relative accuracy of spatial predictive models for Lynx Canadensis derived using logistic regression-AIC, multiple criteria evaluation and Bayesian approaches. Current Zoology 55: 28-40.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott, P.S. Kanaroglou and H.F. Maoh (2009) An exploration of issues related to the study of generated traffic and other impacts arising from highway Improvements. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 36: 67-85.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott, S. Doherty (2009) Modeling day-to-day dynamics in individuals' activity time use considering intra-household Interactions. In Proceedings of the 87th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, TRB, Washington, DC, January 11-15.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott, S. Doherty (2009) Investigation of planning priority of joint activities in household activity scheduling process. In Proceedings of the 87th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, TRB, Washington, DC, January 11-15.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott (2008) An integrated spatio-temporal GIS toolkit for exploring intra-household interactions. Transportation 35: 253-268.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott (2008) Joint or solo: a structural equations model of household activity time allocation patterns. In Proceedings of the 87th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, TRB, Washington, DC, January 13-17.
- Kang H., D.M. Scott (2007) An integrated spatio-temporal GIS system for exploring intra-household interactions. In Proceedings of the 86th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, TRB, Washington, DC, January 21-25.
- 2009 - Ph.D. Dissertation Award in Transportation Geography, the
Transportation Geography Specialty Group of the
- 2007-2008 - Ontario Graduate Scholarship Science and Technology