Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry
875 Perimeter Dr, MS 2343
Moscow, ID 83844-2343
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign 2012-2013 & Oregon State University 2009-2010
- Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow, Colgate University 2010-2012
- Ph.D., Synthetic Organic Chemistry, New Mexico State University 2008
- B.S. / B.A., Biochemistry/Chemistry, Virginia Tech 2002
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Natural Products total synthesis
- Materials chemistry
- Polymeric biomaterials
My research experiences have been broad but I tend to focus my research on the creative development of strategies towards building complex organic compounds and novel material frameworks. In addition to this ongoing research I also have concurrent projects focused on immunostimulants,and pesticide fate and degradation.
When not in the lab Kris enjoys climbing, biking, hiking, brewing, coffee roasting and exploring Idaho with his wife, kids, and dog.
- Polymer Brushes Patterned with Micrometer-Scale Chemical Gradients Using Laminar Co-Flow.By Koo, Hyung-Jun; Waynant, Kristopher V.; Zhang, Chunjie; Braun, Paul V.From ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (2014), dx.doi.org/10.1021/am503609x
- General Method for Forming Micrometer-Scale Lateral Chemical Gradients in Polymer Brushes.By Koo, Hyung-Jun; Waynant, Kristopher V.; Zhang, Chunjie; Haasch, Richard T.; Braun, Paul V.From Chemistry of Materials (2014), 26(8), 2678-2683.
- Synthesis of β-C-GlcNAc Ser from β-C-Glc Ser.By Nolen, Ernest G.; Li, Leyan; Waynant, Kristopher V. From Journal of Organic Chemistry (2013), 78(13), 6798-6801.
- Synthesis and structural characterization of a fused bispyrone and preparation of the first metal bispyrylium complexes. By Waynant, Kristopher V.; White, James D.; Zakharov, Lev. From Chemical Communications (Cambridge, United Kingdom) (2010), 46(29), 5304-5306.
- Asymmetric synthesis of complex natural products
- Asymmetric synthesis of common bittering agents
- Synthesis of C-linked glycosides as potential non-lethal pesticides
- Novel materials for the degradation of pesticides