Eyewash Fountains - Use and Testing
- Push the lever to turn on. Water will run until the lever is turned off.
- Flush eyes for 15-20 minutes.
Note: Many fountains do not drain to the sewer; water in these fountains will overflow.
- Pull lever back to turn off.
- Report all accidents to the laboratory supervisor and the department chair.
- Most fountains do not have drains, so use a bucket to catch the water.
- Turn on the valve and let the water run for a few minutes. If the water is discolored or contains a lot of sediment, let it run until it is clear.
- Report problems (e.g., unequal spray, missing screen, no water) to the Chemistry office.
- Write the date and your initials on the tag.