- Goldberg, CS, DC Tank, S Uribe-Convers†, WR Bosworth, HE Marx†, and LP Waits. in press. Species designation of the Bruneau tiger beetle (Cicindela waynei) is supported by phylogenetic analysis of mitochondrial DNA sequence data. Conservation Genetics.
- Soltis, DE, SA Smith, N Cellinese, KJ Wurdack, DC Tank, SF Brockington, NF Refulio-Rodriguez, JB Walker, MJ Moore, BS Carlsward, CD Bell, M Latvis, S Crawley, C Black, D Diouf, Z Xi, MA Gitzendanner, KJ Sytsma, Y-L Qiu, KW Hilu, CC Davis, MJ Sanderson, RG Olmstead, WS Judd, MJ Donoghue, PS Soltis. 2011. Angiosperm phylogeny: 17 genes, 640 taxa. American Journal of Botany 98: 704-730.
- Marx, HE†, N O’Leary, Y-W Yuan, P Lu-Irving, DC Tank, ME Mulgura and RG Olmstead. 2010. A molecular phylogeny and classification of Verbenaceae. American Journal of Botany 97:1647-1663.
- Tank, DC and MJ Donoghue. 2010. Phylogeny and phylogenetic nomenclature of the Campanulidae based on an expanded sample of genes and taxa. Systematic Botany 35: 425-441.
- Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (B Bremer, K Bremer, MW Chase, MF Fay, JL Reveal, DE Soltis, PS Soltis, and PF Stevens, who were equally responsible and listed here in alphabetical order only, with contributions from AA Anderberg, MJ Moore, RG Olmstead, PJ Rudall, KJ Sytsma, DC Tank, K Wurdack, Q-Y Xiang, and S Zmarzty, in alphabetical order). 2009. An update of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group classification for the orders and families of flowering plants: APG III. Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 161: 105-121.
- Tank, DC and RG Olmstead. 2009. The evolutionary origin of a second radiation of annual Castilleja species in South America: the role of long-distance dispersal and allopolyploidy. American Journal of Botany 96: 1907-1921.
- Tank, DC, JM Egger, and RG Olmstead. 2009. Phylogenetic classification of subtribe Castillejinae (Orobanchaceae). Systematic Botany 34: 182-197.
- Tank, DC and RG Olmstead. 2008. From annuals to perennials: phylogeny of subtribe Castillejinae (Orobanchaceae). American Journal of Botany 95: 608-625.
- Tank, DC, PM Beardsley, SA Kelchner, and RG Olmstead. 2006. L.A.S. Johnson Review No. 7. Review of the systematics of Scrophulariaceae s.l. and its current disposition. Australian Systematic Botany 19: 289-307.
† indicates student co-author