News & Correspondence
Timeline For Existing Research Entities
Proposals for new entities may be submitted at any time and will be reviewed as they are submitted. The timeline for existing entities is as follows:
- Oct. 29: Deadline for submission of a white paper—maximum of five pages—that outlines the purpose of the proposed center or institute, its goals, key personnel and justification for its proposed rating. Submit white papers electronically to email@example.com.
- Oct. 30 – Dec. 9: White papers reviewed by all of the deans as well as the vice presidents.
- Dec. 10: Decisions will be communicated, inviting full proposals of selected groups.
- Feb. 15, 2011: Full proposals due.
- Feb. 16 – March 30: Full proposals will be reviewed by deans, vice presidents and, perhaps, several faculty committees. Level III proposals will also be reviewed by an outside set of experts.
- April 1: Final decisions will be communicated on or about April 1.
Fiscal Year 2012: Operation under approved designation.