Phone: (208) 885-6731
Fax: (208) 885-9061
875 Perimeter Dr MS 4260
Moscow, ID 83844-4260
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm*
Student Union Building, Room 119
*The Registrar's Office holds a bi-weekly staff meeting every other Tuesday. The office will open one hour later on those days.
Regionally Accredited Institutions
The University of Idaho generally evaluates all college-level credits earned and all grades received by students from institutions accredited by the following regional associations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions
The University of Idaho's University Curriculum Committee (UCC) reviews requests from individual students concerning course taken at non-regionally accredited institutions. Upon approval by UCC, such courses will be entered on the student's transfer record and the credits included in the "credits earned toward the degree." Credits earned at an institution that is a suspected diploma/degree mill are not acceptable to the University of Idaho.
Students who have been admitted to the University of Idaho and wish to have courses taken at non-regionally accredited institutions reviewed by UCC must submit the following to the committee via the Office of the Registrar:
- A letter indicating the specific courses to be reviewed.
- An official transcript from the institution.
- A course description and syllabus for each course for which review is requested.
The Office of the Registrar will then forward the course information to the corresponding academic department for their review. After the Office of the Registrar has received the recommendations from the corresponding department(s) all of the information will be presented to the UCC. At that time, the UCC may request additional information from the student.
UCC will convey the decision on each course to the Office of the Registrar, who in-turn will notify the student and record the approved courses on the transfer portion of the student's transcript.