Students are placed into Chemistry 111 in one of two ways:
|Receive an A or B in a high school chemistry class and one of the following:
||Pass the Chemistry Placement Exam
see testing dates
- A minimum ACT math score of 25
- A minimum SAT math score of 560
- A minimum COMPASS College Algebra score of 49
- A minimum grade of C in MATH 143, 160, or 170
- A minimum grade of C in CHEM 101
Students unable to place into Chemistry 111 by either of the above two methods must first complete Chemistry 050.
For financial aid purposes, Chemistry 050 does not count toward the minimum 12 credits to be considered a full-time student and is not considered college-level credit. Therefore, for financial aid purposes a student must register for 12 credits in addition to Chemistry 050 to
remain a full-time student. Additionally, there is a $105 special fee
for registration in Chemistry 050.