Summer is a 12-week session that begins Monday following May commencement and has a variety of options in which courses may be offered. In an effort to enhance student enrollment, these options have undergone a few changes:
- Multiple time periods have been established to provide flexibility for course offerings. Departments are asked to adhere to both the start and end dates of the 4-week, 6-week, 8-week, or full term option(s) they choose.
- Standardized start and end dates are also established to provide students online add/drop capability, clear and understandable enrollment change and refund deadlines, and a full host of classes that will not conflict with one another.
- All summer courses will be inactivated each term. Once submissions go through COWS approval queues, the class schedule will be updated with current and correct information (this eliminates a “clean-up” period traditionally used to review all offerings before going live with the class schedule).
- The Faculty Planning Guide, found on the Summer Session website, provides information on the calendar and standard class start times based on course length.
- Classroom scheduling policies and protocols for fall and spring semesters also apply to summer semester.
For complete information, visit the Summer Session website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.