To avoid violations of FERPA:
- DO NOT use the student ID number in a public posting of grades.
- NEVER link the student name and ID number in any public manner.
- NEVER leave graded exams or papers in a stack for students to pick up by sorting through.
- NEVER circulate a printed class roster with student name and ID numbers, or grades, as an attendance roster.
- NEVER discuss the progress of any student with anyone other than the student without the student's consent being on file with the Registrar.
- NEVER provide anyone lists of students enrolled in your classes for any commercial purposes.
- NEVER provide student schedules or assist anyone is locating a student other than authorized University employees.
- NEVER leave your computer unattended or unlocked, or share your password with anyone.
Now let's apply what you have learned by answering some questions!