The flow of Paradise Creek through the north campus neighborhood on the University of Idaho campus was rerouted in the early 1900s and was covered by the Paradise Creek Street conveyance in the 1960s. The creek entered a fully enclosed concrete channel at Line Street for approximately 1,100 feet before resurfacing west of Rayburn Street.
To restore paradise creek some 2,100 feet of new channel was constructed. The new channel alignment – which is close to the historic location of the creek as documented in aerial sketches dated 1897 – now runs along the east side of Line Street to Third Street, and then north and west adjacent to Idaho State Route 8 before merging with the original Paradise Creek channel. The new segment includes gentle channel meanders and riparian vegetation, improving the habitat and aesthetics of the creek, and enhancing its ability to provide water quality treatment.