Meet society’s critical needs by engaging in mutually beneficial partnerships
Context: As the state’s land-grant institution, the University of Idaho is uniquely positioned to expand its impact in Idaho and beyond. We seek to achieve that end through engagement--working across disciplines; integrating teaching, research, and outreach; and partnering with constituents for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources.
Develop processes, systems, and rewards that foster faculty, staff, and student outreach and engagement.
- Increase the internal visibility of our outreach and engagement activities to facilitate interaction and develop synergies across the university.
- Develop clear criteria for evaluating outreach and engagement.
- Recognize and reward engagement with communities, businesses, non-profits, and agencies.
- Develop an infrastructure and streamline administrative processes to coordinate outreach and engagement efforts.
- Communicate best practices for development and implementation of outreach and engagement projects.
Strengthen and expand mutually beneficial partnerships with stakeholders in Idaho and beyond.
- Increase opportunities for faculty and students to connect with external constituents. Develop new partnerships with others who are addressing high priority issues.
- Increase student participation in defining and delivering experiential learning opportunities.
- Increase the external visibility of our outreach and engagement activities.
- Coordinate plans to increase external funding for outreach and engagement.