The Vandal Access Shuttle is committed to providing University of Idaho students and employees with disabilities equal access to facilities, programs and services on campus. We believe that access and opportunity is the right of all individuals regardless of disabilities. In keeping with the vision of the University of Idaho, we are committed to removing physical barriers in order for students to achieve academic excellence.
The Vandal Access Shuttle is operated by Parking and Transportation Services and has been made possible by generous donations provided in part by:
- Stinker Stores
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Biological and Agricultural Services
- Les Schwab Tires
- Dean of Students
- Disability Support Services
- Chipman & Taylor Chevrolet
General Shuttle Information
- The Vandal Access Shuttle operates with the following guidelines for riders:
- Individuals with disabilities have priority for seating on the shuttle
- All riders must be seated and secured at all times
- Only service animals are allowed on the shuttle
- Shuttle operates on a deviated fixed route on campus. Service is provided Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the academic year, with the exception of university holidays and academic breaks (fall recess, winter break and spring break).
- Seating is available for 10-12, with double wheelchair capacity.
- In the event of a university emergency or weather closure, the shuttle will operate for one hour after the closure to ensure riders departure from campus.
- The Vandal Access Shuttle schedule has been designed to coordinate with local and regional transportation, riders can connect with other transportation providers at the Intermodal Transit Center location. For city transportation, contact SMART transit at (208) 883-7747. For regional transportation, contact Northwestern Trailways at (800) 366-3830.
- A dial-a-ride service for individuals with disabilities is available during operating hours; to pre-schedule a ride to/from any location on campus between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. call the shuttle cell phone at (208) 596-3722.