Permits for 2014-14 are currently available for purchase online. In office sales for 2014-15 permits will begin Wednesday, July 30.
Online permit ordering is recommended; view the Purchasing a Parking Permit Tutorial
for detailed instructions.
View permit prices for 2014-15
- Gold permits - Available to board-appointed employees only. Valid in Gold, Red, and Blue lots, and valid for overnight parking (2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) in Gold lots ONLY. Auto-renewal Vandal Gold permit available to board-appointed employees only.
- Lot-Specific Gold permits - Available to any current employee or student. Valid in Gold lot 14, 19, and 56, Red lot 34, 49 and 50, and all Blue lots. Not valid for overnight parking. Available for purchase in-office only.
- Retiree permits - Complimentary permit available to honored or emeritus UI Retirees. Valid in Gold, Red, and Blue lots. Not valid for overnight parking or parking in disability spaces. Available for online ordering as long as a Retiree permit was obtained previous year. The first time obtaining a Retiree permit requires making contact with the Parking Office.
- Red permits - Available to any current employee or student. Valid in Red and Blue lots. Not valid for overnight parking. Auto-renewal Vandal Red permit available to board-appointed employees only.
- Blue permits - Available to any employee, student, or frequent visitor. Valid in Blue lots only. Not valid for overnight parking. Auto-renewal Vandal Blue permit available to board-appointed employees only.
- Purple permits - Available to current in-house members of a Greek house, and residents of Steel House and Targhee Hall. Valid in Purple, Silver and Blue lots, valid for overnight parking in Purple and Silver lots only. Students wanting to purchase a Purple permit must be made eligible for permit first by house president or leader.
- Silver permits - Available to current residents of University Housing (Wallace, Tower, LLC's, McConnell Hall). Valid in Silver, Purple and Blue lots, valid for overnight parking in Silver and Purple lots only. Housing agreement must be completed in order to be eligible to purchase permit.
- Green permits - Available to current residents of Family Housing and Elmwood apartments. Valid in Green and Blue lots, valid for overnight parking in Green lots near residence only. Housing agreement must be completed in order to be eligible to purchase permit.
- Family Housing Visitor permit - Available to current residents of Family Housing, intended for use by occasional visitors of residents in Family Housing. Valid only in Family Housing Green lots.
- Temporary permits - One-day and ten-day Gold, Red, and Blue permits are available for purchase in-office only, eligibility and use of these permits is consistent with eligibility and use of the annual Gold, Red, and Blue permits (see above).
- Disability permits - Annual and temporary Disability permits are available. Annual permits must be purchased in-office the first year, photo ID and current registration for a state-issued Disability permit or license plates is required; after providing this information the first year, the permit may be purchased online in future years. Complete an application to request a temporary or annual Disability permit.
- Vendor permits - Available for work-related use by individuals who provide services to the university and are not directly employed by the university. Valid in all colored lots (no time limit), "valid campus walkway permit" spaces on the campus walkway for 30 minutes, and meters/timed spaces for 2 hours. Complete an application to request a Vendor permit.
- Departmental permits - Available for university departments only. Intended for use while attending work-related meetings away from office location. Valid in all spaces posted "Reserved - Departmental permits", colored lots, and meters/timed spaces for 2.5 hours. Complete an application to request a Departmental permit.
- Service and Delivery permits - Temporary and annual Service and Delivery permits are available for university departments and non-university affiliates. Complete an application to request an annual Service or Delivery permit. Temporary permits are available in-office only.
- Daycare permits -Available for those who have children attending West Park Elementary, Early Childhood Learning Center, or the Child Development Lab. Valid for 15 minutes in all colored lots. Complete an application online to request a Daycare permit.
- Visitor permits - Available for purchase online or at the Parking Office. Valid in all colored lots, valid for overnight parking in Purple, Silver, and Green lots only. Faculty, staff, and students are not eligible for use.
- Media permits - Available for official media personnel. Valid in meters/timed spaces for 2 hours, and all colored lots (no time limit). Available for purchase in-office only.
- Overnight permits - Required for parking between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. in Gold, Red, or Blue lots (however, Gold permits allow overnight parking in Gold lots). Complete an application to request an Overnight permit.
- Early Morning Activity permits - Allow parking from 5 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in Gold lot 39, Red lot 24, and Red lot 34 only. Complete an application to request an Overnight permit.
- ROTC permits - For current ROTC members, allow parking from 5 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in Red or Blue lots (excluding Red lot 51). Complete an application to request an ROTC permit.