The following information describes when each type of parking lot is enforced throughout the year, including what hours, days of the week, and during academic and summer breaks.
Parking During Academic Breaks
- Permits are not required in Red, Blue, Purple, or Silver parking lots
- No parking is allowed on any campus street between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., this includes all Purple and Silver on-street permitted areas
- Permits ARE required in Gold and Green lots
- Payment IS required in all meters and pay-to-park spaces/lots
- All specially marked spaces (Service, Delivery, Disability, etc) are enforced as normal
- All overnight parking restrictions are enforced as normal in Gold, Red, and Blue lots
Parking lots on campus are enforced and require permits as follows:
- Gold lots require permits year-round, Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 9 p.m. (as stated on signage), no parking is allowed between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., year-round
- Golf Course lot (lot 44) requires any valid UI parking permit Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the winter months when classes are in session. When the Golf Course facility is open to the public, this lot is a Specific Use lot for Golf Course patrons only.
- Green lots require permits year-round, 24 hours/day
- Red and Blue lots require permits Monday - Friday when classes are in session, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.; no parking is allowed between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., year-round
- Purple and Silver lots require permits Monday - Friday when classes are in session, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Meter and pay station payment is required year-round, times vary and are posted on signage
- All specially marked spaces; disability, reserved, service, delivery, timed, walkway spaces, no parking areas, fire lanes are enforced year-round and require valid permits year-round, 24 hours/day
- Disability spaces require permits and are enforced at all times, a University of Idaho Disability permit is required between the hours of 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.; during academic breaks and university holidays parking is allowed in disability spaces, as follows:
- Any valid Disability permit (state-issued, or University-issued) must be displayed, but a University of Idaho-issued Disability permit is not required to be displayed in addition to a state-issued Disability permit during summer, academic breaks and university holidays
- Display of any valid Disability permit, during academic breaks, will validate parking in all designated disability parking spaces; valid campus walkway permit spaces on the campus walkway, regular spaces in all colored lots, meters, and posted timed spaces
to 6 a.m.) is NOT allowed in Gold, Red, or Blue lots, year-round. Additionally, parking between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. is NOT allowed on any streets on campus during academic breaks. This includes all Silver and Purple on-street parking areas. Anyone that would like to leave a vehicle on campus during an academic break, may park it in any regular Purple or Silver off-street parking lot, no permit is required. View the Academic Break Vehicle Storage Map
which highlights streets where overnight parking is restricted, and
areas where vehicles may be parked overnight during academic
breaks. Vehicles may not be stored for the duration of the summer break on campus at any location.