Phone: 208-885-6111
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: 208-885-9119
Student Union Building
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264


Phone: 208-334-2999
Fax: 208-364-4035
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702


Coeur d'Alene

Phone: 208-667-2588
Toll-free: 888-208-2268
Fax: 208-664-1272
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814


Idaho Falls

Phone: 208-282-7900
Fax: 208-282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 83402


Finding Funding

  • Where can I find a link to funding opportunities?

    The UI subscribes to COS Pivot, a comprehensive funding database that includes government funding agencies, private and corporate foundations, and other funding organizations. You can create and save customized searches. Visit pivot.cos.com.

  • Are there other University funding opportunity resources available to me?
    Links to COS Pivot are available in the "Find Funding" section of the Office of Research and Economic Development website.
  • Are there other ways in which I might receive funding?

    Sometimes funding opportunities arise through private industry collaborations or discussions with sponsor program officers.  We advise that you inform OSP, your department chair, and your dean early in the discussion process so that we can assess risk and address any potential issues.

  • Who at the University can help me determine whether I would be eligible to apply for funding?
    For help determining whether you are eligible to apply for your selected funding opportunity, you should first contact the Office of Sponsored Programs.  OSP can refer you to the appropriate Sponsored Programs Administrator (SPA) for your department and the SPA can help you make that determination.
  • What types of issues might limit my eligibility to apply for funding?

    In certain cases there are limitations on the number of proposal that may be submitted by a single university for a given funding opportunity.  In such cases the Office of Research and Economic Development makes the final determination of which proposals will be submitted to the funding agency.  Additionally, the principal investigator(s) must be University or adjunct faculty (see APM 45.22 for more information).