Funding Opportunities Offered by Corporations or Foundations
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive program designed to fully develop potential gift and grant income from corporations and foundations on behalf of the University of Idaho. CFR staff facilitate relationships with all corporations and foundations in order to maintain a system of equity for all units within the university and to comply with all single-point-of-contact requirements.
Corporate and Foundation Relation’s success in raising philanthropic funds to support university initiatives relies on ability to align with the desired areas of impact of corporations and foundations.
Prior to submitting letters of interest or proposals to corporations, please follow these steps:
- Review “Preparing a Well-Developed Grant Proposal." Identify corporations or foundations who may share a mutual interest in the project.
- Determine if your proposal should be submitted through the C&FR Office or through the OSP by viewing the “Guidelines for Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Projects .”
- The Solicitation Clearance Form should be completed and approved by the Director of the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations or designee prior to all solicitations.
- When there is more than one equally promising proposal to present to a corporation or foundation, the Director will seek direction from University leadership.
- Guidelines for Counting External Support Toward Campaign Totals