University of Idaho to Celebrate Mom’s Weekend
Thursday, April 18
MOSCOW, Idaho – The University of Idaho will give Vandal moms the chance to explore the university campus during the annual Mom’s Weekend April 19-21. The weekend will feature events on campus and throughout the Moscow community.
Events and festivities are available to all students and their families, said Lauren Hamilton, Student Alumni Program Coordinator.
“We offer some really great programming for this weekend,” said Hamilton. “It gives students something to do that can entertain themselves and their moms.”
Students and their moms can visit North Idaho’s oldest wine maker during the Vandal Crest Wine Tasting. Participants may purchase a sample of Vandal Crest Wines from the Camas Prairie Winery.
“One of our most popular events offered during Mom’s Weekend is our Mom’s Weekend Brunch on Saturday,” said Hamilton. “This event features the University of Idaho Jazz Choir and tickets tend to sell out pretty fast.”
Tickets are available for purchase online, with additional tickets not sold online available at the door.
Several weekend events aim to raise money, including Mr. Idaho, the Turtle Derby, and Vella Notte: an Italian Dinner. Proceeds from these events go to support both charities and scholarships.
Football coach, Paul Petrino, coaching staff and players will be teaching the ins and outs of football at the “Football 101” event on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. at the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center. A social at the Best Western Plaza will follow.
A Mom’s Weekend parking pass is available for purchase and costs $2. A shuttle service is offered daily to the Spokane International Airport.
The schedule of events, by day:
Friday, April 19
· 10 a.m.-9 p.m.: Mini-Golf with Mom, Airway Hills Miniature Golf Range, 4811 Airport Rd. in Pullman.
· 12-6 p.m.: Vandal Crest Wine Tasting, Camas Prairie Winery, 110 S. Main St. in Moscow.
· 3:30 p.m.: Iron Mom, VandalStore Plaza, 710 Deakin Ave. in Moscow.
· 6 p.m.: Buy Local Moscow Beerfest, 412 E. Third St. in Moscow.
· 7 p.m.: ASUI Student Achievement Awards, Administration Building, 851 Campus Dr. in Moscow.
· 7 p.m.: “Mr. Idaho” Pageant, Memorial Gym 1001 University Ave. in Moscow. Funds raised will go to support the fight against juvenile diabetes.
Saturday, April 20
· 8 a.m.: Key for a Cure Fun Run, Memorial Gym 1001 University Ave. in Moscow. Funds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
· 10 a.m.: Paul Petrino Golf Tournament and Dinner Auction, University of Idaho Golf Course, 1215 Nez Perce Dr. in Moscow.
· 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Coffee Tasting and Food Pairing, VandalStore 710 Deakin Ave. in Moscow.
· 9:30 a.m.: Brunch featuring the University of Idaho Jazz Choir. Hosted by the Student Alumni Relations Board. Student Union Building, 709 Deakin Ave. in Moscow.
· 6 p.m.: Dinner and Entertainment Featuring the Idaho’s Got Talent Finals, Student Union Building, 709 Deakin Ave. in Moscow.
· 4:30-7:30 p.m.: Bella Notte: An Italian Dinner, St. Augustine’s Catholic Center, 628 Deakin Ave. in Moscow.
Sunday, April 21
· 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Carved Ham Brunch, Bob’s Place at the Wallace Residence Hall, 1080 W. 6th St. in Moscow.
Mom’s Weekend is hosted by the Student Alumni Relations Board. A full list of events can be found at http://www.uidaho.edu/momsweekend
# # #
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho inspires students to succeed and become leaders. Its land-grant mission furthers innovative scholarly and creative research to grow Idaho's economy and serve a statewide community. From its main campus in Moscow, Idaho, to 70 research and academic locations statewide, U-Idaho emphasizes real-world application as part of its student experience. U-Idaho combines the strength of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. It is home to the Vandals, and competes in the Western Athletic Conference. Through the university’s $225 million Inspiring Futures capital campaign, private giving will enhance student learning, faculty research and innovation, and a spirit of enterprise. Learn more: www.uidaho.edu