U-Idaho Celebrates Vandal Moms with Annual Moms’ Weekend Events
Monday, April 2 2012
MOSCOW, Idaho – The University of Idaho will welcome moms to its Moscow campus April 20-22.
Hosted by the Student Alumni Relations Board – or SArb – the event draws moms and students together for a full weekend of special activities.
“Moms’ Weekend allows students to show their parents what it is like to have a day-in-the-life of a Vandal by featuring what the campus has to offer,” said Katie Dahlinger, assistant director of student and young alumni programs. ”The weekend is a balance of philanthropic, athletic, community and campus sponsored events that highlight student talent and involvement.”
Free all-day passes to the Student Recreation Center will be available for Vandal moms when accompanied by a U-Idaho student on Friday, April 20 and Saturday, April 21.
The schedule of other events, by day:
Friday, April 20
• 4-6 p.m.: Alumnae Reception, University Inn Best Western Quiet Bar, 1516 Pullman Road., No-host social to meet and mingle with former classmates. Door prizes for students and alumnae to be awarded. Hosted by the Student Alumni Relations Board. RSVP at www.UIRSVP.com
or call 208- 885-6154.
• 6-9 p.m.: Wine and cheese tasting, Student Union Building, 709 Deakin Ave., five beverage tastings, Idaho cheese and Vandal sausage. A silent auction also will take place. Tickets cost $16 for one or $30 for two, and are available at the door. This event is sponsored by the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences ambassadors and the University of Idaho Dairy Club.
• 7 p.m.: Silver and Gold scrimmage, ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, 1000 Stadium Dr., watch a sneak peak of the Vandal football team, free and open to the public.
• 7 p.m.: ASUI Student Achievement Awards, Administrative Auditorium, 851 Campus Dr., Student Achievement Awards in Leadership and Service awards ceremony recognizes positive contributions of students, faculty and staff that benefit student activities, the campus and the community. Light refreshments will be served following the ceremony. Open to all, formal invitations will be sent to recipients and their family members. Contact, Denise Carl at email@example.com
. Attendance is free.
• 7:30 p.m.: Mr. Idaho Pageant, sponsored by the women of Alpha Gamma Delta sorority, Memorial Gym, 1001 University Ave., University of Idaho men compete for the title of Mr. Idaho. Funds raised will go to support the fight against juvenile diabetes and leadership programs for women. Tickets cost $3 for students and $5 for the general public.
Saturday, April 21
• 8 a.m.: 5K Key for a Cure Fun Run, Memorial Gym, 1001 University Ave., funds from the race will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Entry fees cost $17 with a T-shirt and $10 without a T-shirt. This event is sponsored by Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
• 8:30-9:30 a.m.: VandalStore Starbucks coffee tasting and food pairing, VandalStore, 709 Deakin Ave., start the morning off with learning the four steps of coffee tasting and food pairing. Learn how to select the right coffee for the right meal. This event is free and open to the public. Specially priced VandalStore Moms’ Weekend gift packages will be available.
• 9:30 a.m., Brunch featuring the University of Idaho Jazz Choir, Student Union Building Ballroom, 709 Deakin Ave., a lovely breakfast buffet followed by the Mom of the Year announcement by Dean of Students Bruce Pitman, and a performance by the ever-talented jazz choir. Hosted by the Student Alumni Relations Board. RSVP at www.UIRSVP.com
or call 208-885-6154. Tickets cost $15 per person.
• 2 p.m.: Idaho men’s lacrosse team vs. Boise State University, ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center Sprint Turf practice field, 1000 Stadium Dr., free and open to the public.
• 7 p.m.: Diva’s Night Out, Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, 508 S. Main St., free tiara’s will be handed out to the first 75 people, a no-host bar available, tickets cost $10 per person.
Sunday, April 22
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Carved Ham Brunch, Bob’s Place at the Wallace Residence Hall, 1080 W. 6th St., brunch costs $6 per person.
For a complete list of events during Moms’ Weekend, visit www.uidaho.edu/momsweekend
. Schedules also will be available at the information desks in the Student Union Building, Idaho Commons and the VandalStore.
# # #
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho helps students to succeed and become leaders. Its land-grant mission furthers innovative scholarly and creative research to grow Idaho's economy and serve a statewide community. From its main campus in Moscow, Idaho, to more than 70 additional research and academic locations statewide, U-Idaho emphasizes real-world application as part of its student experience. U-Idaho combines the strength of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. It is home to the Vandals, and competes in the Western Athletic
Conference. Learn more: www.uidaho.edu
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho helps students to succeed and become leaders. Its land-grant mission furthers innovative scholarly and creative research to grow Idaho's economy and serve a statewide community. From its main campus in Moscow, Idaho, to 70 research and academic locations statewide, U-Idaho emphasizes real-world application as part of its student experience. U-Idaho combines the strength of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. It is home to the Vandals, and competes in the Western Athletic Conference. For information, visit www.uidaho.edu