Street and Parking Restrictions for Jazz Festival
Wednesday, February 15 2012
MOSCOW, Idaho – The University of Idaho will host thousands of visitors for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival Feb. 22-25 and many will be transported via bus or van. Due to the high amount of vehicular traffic and pedestrians on campus, some streets and parking lots will have restrictions during the festival.
Traffic and parking restrictions during the festival include:
Deakin Avenue and Student Union Building Parking
• The number of vehicles on Deakin Avenue in front of the Student Union Building and Bookstore will be limited.
• Deakin Avenue will be converted to a one-way southbound street from Sixth Street to University Avenue between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., and has potential to be closed entirely to accommodate buses during high traffic loading and unloading times.
• The Bookstore and Post Office will be accessible from behind the Bookstore via College and Railroad Avenues.
• The Moscow Valley Transit Bus Stop located on Deakin Avenue will be temporarily relocated to Railroad Street on Wednesday, Feb. 23, through Friday, Feb. 25.
• Portions of the Student Union Building parking lot will be closed each day of the festival.
ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center Parking
• The blue gravel lot 57, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be reserved solely for bus parking only each day of the festival and closed to all regular vehicles.
• The red paved lot 34, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be available for general parking and no permit will be required.
• Areas of Perimeter Drive may be used for bus parking after Wednesday, Feb. 22.
• The red parking lot 24, west of the Law School Building, will be closed to red permit holders and reserved after 5 p.m. each day.
• The large graveled area (lot 110) north of lot 57, will be general parking for regular vehicles; no bus parking allowed in this area.
• The gold lot 31, east of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be closed to gold permit holders and reserved after 12 p.m. each day.
Bus Loading Zones
• Deakin Avenue at the Student Union Building.
• Railroad Street behind the LDS Center.
• Blake Avenue at the Lionel Hampton School of Music / Haddock Hall.
• Rayburn Street at Memorial Gym and Agricultural Science Building.
• University Avenue and Line Street at the Idaho Commons Building.
• Stadium Drive near the Hartung Theatre.
• Main Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets.
• Third Street near the Methodist Church.
For questions regarding parking lot or street closures on campus, contact University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services at (208) 885-6424 or go to www.uidaho.edu/parking
# # #
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho helps students to succeed and become leaders. Its land-grant mission furthers innovative scholarly and creative research to grow Idaho's economy and serve a statewide community. From its main campus in Moscow, Idaho, to 70 research and academic locations statewide, U-Idaho emphasizes real-world application as part of its student experience. U-Idaho combines the strength of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. It is home to the Vandals, and competes in the Western Athletic Conference. Learn more: www.uidaho.edu