Admin Building Offices To Relocate Temporarily
Thursday, May 17 2012
Heating and air conditioning upgrades in the south half of the Administration Building will begin in June and will displace several offices: the administrative offices of the General Counsel Office, Information Technology Systems, Martin Institute, the administrative offices of the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences; and the administrative offices of the Journalism and Mass Media.
Many of these offices will begin moving this month and will remain in temporary spaces until late October while the contractor replaces ductwork, piping and air-control units. This work will include the removal of ceilings.
Though there are some details still to be worked out as to relocation specifics, some locations have been confirmed.
- Most or all of the General Counsel staff will move to the McKinstry Temporary Building located just north the Facilities Management Building.
- ITS may also move into the McKinstry building, but this hasn’t been finalized.
- CLASS Administration will relocate to the space formerly occupied by the bookstore in the Commons.
- JAMM Offices: Kenton Bird and his assistant will move to the KUID Radio Building.
- The Martin Institute Staff will work out of one or more rooms on the north side of the Administrative Building.
Further details will be announced as plans are finalized. Questions on the project should be directed to Facilities Management or the specific units.