Summer Blockbusters Return for Free Screen on the Green Film Series
June 02, 2017
Community members are invited to join the University of Idaho for a summer movie series filled with action, ghosts, aliens, music and baseball, during the 2017 Screen on the Green.
Sponsored by UI’s Department of Student Involvement, the films are shown at 8:45 p.m. each Thursday starting June 15 on the Theophilus Tower Lawn. This free, family friendly film series is shown on a big outdoor screen. Blankets and chairs are welcome, and free popcorn is served on a first-come, first-served basis. In case of inclement weather, Screen on the Green will be held in the Borah Theater of the Bruce M. Pitman Center.
This year’s films are:
- June 15: “Beauty and the Beast” (2017 - PG)
- June 22: “Men in Black” (PG-13)
- June 29: “Ghostbusters” (1984 - PG)
- July 6: “Moana” (PG)
- July 13: “Beetlejuice” (PG)
- July 20: “Kong: Skull Island” (PG-13)
- July 27: “SING” (PG)
- Aug. 3: “A League of Their Own” (PG)
- * Friday, Aug. 11: “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2” (PG-13)
- * Aug. 24: “Wonder Woman” (PG-13)
Theophilus Tower Lawn is located off Paradise Creek Street, between Line Street and Stadium Drive. Free public parking is available in the Red and Silver lots off Line and Third streets and in the Silver lots off Paradise Creek Street and Stadium Drive.
* Showings of “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2” and “Wonder Woman” are dependent on availability from the distributor. If unavailable, alternative movies will be selected.
Student Summer Coordinator
Department of Student Involvement
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is one of only 72 land-grant research universities in the United States. From its residential campus in Moscow, UI serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls, and Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to more than 11,000 students statewide, UI is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. UI competes in the Big Sky Conference and Sun Belt Conference. Learn more: www.uidaho.edu