HOOPALOUSA MEN’S BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
(PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN THE WAVIER)
Note: ALL PLAYERS WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS AFTER THE START OF YOUR FIRST GAME. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Men’s Basketball Tournament fee is $250. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Team roster is limited to a maximum of ten (10) players. The team roster shall be final after the 1st game. “NO TRANSFERS WILL BE ALLOWED”.
- The entry fee must be paid in full at half time of your 1st game or it will be an automatic forfeit, but half (1/2) of the entry fee must be PAID before Wednesday, March 20, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All participants shall not use ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, or any type of DRUGS. If any player is found in contempt of this ruling he will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Teams are required to have all documents in before their first game. (TEAM ROSTER AND WAIVER FORMS).
- No players may play on more than one (1) team in the tournament, if a player is found in contempt of this ruling he will be disqualified from the tournament.
- To avoid delay of the game, terms must present a complete roster to the score keeper (10) minutes prior to their game.
- Uniforms must be the same color with legible numbers.
- Coaches and managers will be the only persons that may approach the officials regarding protest. All teams must be on the playing floor during pre-game warm-up, only then will a protest regarding player eligibility or other issues may occur. After the initial jump ball, no protest will be acknowledged.
- The tournament committee will not tolerate any outside influence regarding official protest.
- The tournament committee and /or game officials shall have the authority to make decisions when general rules are not specifically covered and shall have the authority to forfeit any game when conditions warrant.
- All teams must start with at least four (4) players, but must have five (5) players by halftime; 5 minutes graces time therefore, or it’s automatic forfeit.
- The jump ball will be used at the beginning of the game and thereafter-alternate possession will be used on a jump ball situation.
- Five (5) minutes grace will be allowed.
- The committee will not tolerate any player or spectator shouting personal or verbal abuse at any game officials during the game. If anyone is found in contempt of this ruling they will be escorted out of the gym.
- One-on-one bonus situation will occur on the team’s seventh (7th) foul, Two (2) shoots will be awarded after the team’s tenth (10th) foul.
- The college three (3) point basket rule will be used for the men’s.
OPERATION OF GAME CLOCK
- The game clock will play in two (2) eighteen (18) minute halves with a running clock until last two (2) minutes of the second half, and then the time will stop on each infraction or timeout.
- Two (2) timeouts per half game will be allowed and one (1) timeout for each overtime. Time out accumulated from regular game can be carried over into the overtime.
- Five (5) minutes will be allowed for pre game warm-up and three (3) minutes at half time.
- For over time situation the official clock will be reset to three(3)minutes and two(2) minutes of the three(3) minutes will be a running clock and the last (1)minute will stop on each infraction. The teams will be given one (1) additional timeout, and any regular timeout is left will be carried over into the overtime periods. The third (3rd) overtime will be SUDDEN DEATH meaning the first team who scores first wins the game.
- COACHES /MANAGER RESPONSIBILITY: Coaches/manager, please be advised that you are responsible for your player’s action and are asked to remind your player’s to read the rules.
- PLAYERS ACTION: A player is personally responsible for knowing the rules and regulations of the tournament. They are responsible and liable for their actions on the playing floor. If a player is physical or verbally abusive to officials, player(s), staff or spectators, player will be automatically ejected from the tournament and gymnasium with no warning given.
OFFENSE /TECHNICAL FOULS
- WARNING: shall be the discretion of the officials and/or tournament committee as to either a warning is to be provided to the player, coaches or team.
- FIRST TECHNICAL FOUL: the player or (coach) is to be suspended from play and must sit out for five (5) minutes of the game clock, and is to pay $15 within the five minutes before allowed to continue playing in the game
- SECOND TECHNICAL FOUL: $20 must be paid before re-entering the tournament.
- If you are ejected from the gym or get your 3rd technical foul it will be up to the tournament officials and committee that you re- enter the tournament.
- All technical fouls such as wrong player number or delay of game will result in two (2) points and an automatic possession.
- Any technical foul is a team foul and player foul.