Contest Winners Announced!
The Morrill Act contest asked students to consider the history of the law, its importance to higher education and the importance of education to their own lives.
The contest offered prizes of $750, $500 and $250 for videos produced by FFA chapters and high school classes. Students through middle school submitting videos won prizes of $500, $300 and $200. Poster entries won prizes of $175, $150 and $75.
POSTER CONTEST WINNERS
VIDEO CONTEST WINNERS
- First place: Marsing Elementary, Wendy Stamsell, $175
- Second Place: Centennial Elementary School, Lewiston, Mrs. Kinzer, $150
- Third place: Kootenai Elementary, Kootenai, Kyla Pincher, $50
- Alumni Choice Award, Mrs. G’s Kindergarten, South Fork Elementary, Rigby
5th To 8th Grades
Meridian Agricultural Science & Technology, Alan Heikkila, Instructor, Grade: 11, $750
Students: Brett Wilder, Toby Carleton, Erik Engberson, Anthony Hoag, Carly Weaver, Christina Schram, Clay Tully, Olivia Czopek, Melissa Goetz, Blake Krueger, Austin Cooley, Andrew Heikkila, Kailey Eberhard, Tyler Self
Video title: Morrill Land Grant Act
- Salmon High School, Katie Cooper, Instructor, $500
Students: Sarah Spain, Erin Hurley, Emma Guzman, Alice Knight, Sabrina Sanford, Tyler Cabigas, Matt Carrel, BreAnna Olson, Lexie Gonnoud, Dylan Brewer
Video title: Morrill Act - Salmon FFA Chapter
- Genesee High School, J.R. Murrow, Instructor, Grades 11 and 12, $250
Students:Thomas Hubbard, Lance Funke
Video title: Livin’ Life Morrill Style
9th to 12th Grades
- Rimrock Elementary School, Idaho Falls, ID, Dave Guymon, Instructor, Grade 6, $500
Students: Madalyn Moulton, Lacie Wright, Madison Burr, Rachel Veit-Holt, Abbie Youngberg, Morgan Huls
Video title: Morrill Act Rap
- Rivervue Academy, Caldwell, Joseph Palmer, Instructor, Grade 8, $300
Students: Nathan C., Kayla B., Carlos R., Joey S.
Video title: 150 Years Strong
- Hemingway Elementary, Ketchum, Scott Slonim, Instructor, Grade 5, $200
Students: Sascha Leidecker,Jill Frost,Emma Madsen,Murphy Kendall,Emma MacGuffie, Antonia Avery, Maren Feltman, Savanna Rush
Video title:Learning About the Morrill Act and What It Means To Us
Alumni Choice Award
- Mountain View High School, Meridian, Mike Gartner, Instructor, Grade 12, $750
Students: Joseph Bradshaw, Henry Marx, David Ramsey, Tessa Amend, Brittanee Noland
Video title: The Morrill Act of 1862
- Grace High School, Kami Cox, Instructor, Grade 9, $500
Student: Chris Wallin
Video title: Morrill Act
- Grace High School, Kami Cox, Instructor, Grades 11 and 12, $250
Students: Miranda Tibbitts, Sierra Aplanalp, Marie Lower, Jordan Mickelson
Video title: Morrill Act
Mountain Valley Elementary, Ammon, William Stewart, Instructor, Grade 6
Video title: We are Idaho's future...and it's bright!