General Graduate or Scholar
- 4rsearchers: NIH-centric practical advice about conducting research
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation: support of research projects by/cooperation with scholars in Germany
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation: funding opportunities for research and other activities, and funding for fellowships
- Alpha Kappa Alpha: educational advancement merit scholarships
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission: educational and cultural exchange between Australia and the U.S.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation FreeApp Program: request free graduate applications at a number of institutions
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars: The Fulbright Scholar Program
- Council on Undergraduate Research: Registry of Undergraduate Researchers, a free database to join
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation: support for the arts, environmental conservation, prevention of child abuse, and medical research
- Federal Grants Wire: clearinghouse for federal grant opportunities, organized by category
- Graduate and Postdoctorate Extramural Support (GRAPES) database: provided by UCLA
- Grants.gov: searchable database of grant opportunities within the U.S. federal government
- Grants.net: searchable database maintained by AAAS and Science Magazine
- IGERT: Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship
- The Rhodes Scholarship:
- Southern Regional Education Board: program for Southern states' students to pay in-state when studying out-of-state
- Students.gov: resources for both undergrads and grads
- Western Regional Graduate Program: in-state costs for regional students
The key component of the McNair Program is the Summer Research Internship.
Learn About Research Internships
The undergraduate research experience is considered an effective educational tool for enhancing many aspects of the student experience.