By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will develop the following leadership competencies
- Recognize the need for leadership in various campus initiatives and assess campus leadership capacity.
- Study various models of leadership and identify personal leadership style or leadership philosophy.
- Internalize the importance of inclusive team composition, strong interpersonal communication skills and the capacity to include diverse voices and understand others.
- Examine the political dynamics of higher education institutions and the critical role of strategic planning.
By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will experience personal growth
in the following areas:
- Develop confidence in personal leadership and capacity to take on a leadership role in various situations.
- Strengthen interpersonal communication abilities within a group setting, one-on-one meetings, and online.
- Seek and respond to feedback from others.
By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will experience leadership development within the context of a cohort
- Interacting with experienced leaders across campus.
- Processing and debriefing leadership success and challenges working on shared projects.
- Developing a supportive collegial network among participants.