Tim Gresback is a Moscow, Idaho attorney who concentrates on personal injury cases. Born in St. Paul, Minnesota, Tim is one of twelve children. Following his graduations from St. Olaf College in 1983, and the Washington, D.C., public interest Antioch School of Law in 1987, Tim clerked for Idaho Supreme Court Justice Stephen Bistline. He then served as a public defender in Kootenai County.
In private practice since 1991, Tim also teaches Trial Skills at the University of Idaho College of Law. He served as president of the Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (2001) and the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (2010).
Tim is not only an ITLA Certified Criminal Trial Specialist, but he is also an ITLA Certified Civil Trial Specialist. He is only the second lawyer in the history of Idaho to attain both certifications.
In 2012 Tim was named ITLA Trial Lawyer of the Year.
Tim's wife, Dr. Sarah Nelson, is an Associate Professor at the University of Idaho where she teaches French. They enjoy traveling in their rebuilt 1963 Dodge Camper with their son Luke.
- My Best Day as a Lawyer, Washington State Bar News, Vol. 66, No. 6 (June 2012).
- My Best Day as a Lawyer, ITLA Journal, Vol. 40, No. 3 (Fall 2011).
- Idaho’s Best Criminal Cases, (Editor) IACDL Publication (8th ed. 2010).
- Is My Record Clear Now?, Advocate, Vol. 52, No. 6 (June 2009).
- Commissioner Idaho State Bar (July 2013-present).
- Director Palouse Public Ice Rink (2011-present).
- Commissioner Magistrate Commission (Second District) (2011-present).
- Delegate American Association for Justice (2010-present).
- President Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2010).
- Evidence Rules Committee Idaho Supreme Court (2009-present).
- Ice Hockey Referee Palouse Youth Hockey Association (2007-2012).
- Commissioner Moscow Human Rights Commission (2006-2011).
- Director Federal Defender Services of Idaho (2006-2011).
- Regional Director Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (2005-2006).
- President Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (2001-2002).
- Director YMCA Youth Government Program North Region (1992-1999).
- President Trinity Group Homes (1995-1998).
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (2012).
- Liberty Award, American Civil Liberties Union (2005).
- President’s Award, Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (1997).