College of Law
University of Idaho
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0015
Courses Taught: Bankruptcy
- B.A., History and Economics University of Oregon, Eugene Oregon 1981
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon 1984
Joseph M. Meier is a partner and practices in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial, real property and business law with the Boise law firm of Cosho Humphrey, LLP. Mr. Meier has represented creditors, debtors, committees and trustees in proceedings under all chapters of the United States Bankruptcy Code. He also represents lenders and borrowers in complex loan restructures as well as in commercial litigation.
Mr. Meier has frequently been asked to speak to attorneys, business and professional groups on bankruptcy and real property issues. He is a member of the Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section of the Idaho State Bar and the American Bankruptcy Institute. Mr. Meier is a past chair of the Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section of the Idaho State Bar (1999-2000) and sat on the Governing Board of that Section from 1995 to 2001. He is currently serving a three-year term as one of Idaho's lawyer representatives for the Ninth Circuit Conference of the United States Courts. In 2004 Joe Meier was selected to be a fellow in the American Bankruptcy College and also was selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America, memberships in both organizations being established by the nomination of Judges and peers.
He received his BA degree from the University of Oregon and JD degree from Willamette University. Mr. Meier is licensed to practice in federal and state courts in Idaho and Oregon.
- 2008 Exemplary Service Award Federal Bar Association
- Fellow in American Bankruptcy College since 2005
- Recognized by the Best Lawyers of America since 2005
- Recognized as Super Lawyer from 2006 to present
- Received Professionalism award from ISB Commercial law and Bankruptcy Section in 2004