Lee B. Dillion
College of Law
Campus Locations: Boise
University of Idaho
Associate Dean for Boise Programs
BA, University of Illinois
J.D., University of Chicago
Lee Dillion joined the College of Law in 2001 as the Director of External Programs. In 2010 he was named Associate Dean of Boise Programs, a position responsible for the College of Law's expanding programs in the Treasure Valley. He is licensed to practice law in Idaho, and prior to his appointment he was in private practice focusing on business organization and planning, business and real estate acquisitions, health law, and general commercial law.
Dean Dillion was born in Sterling, Illinois, graduated from the University of Illinois with honors, and received his J. D. at the University of Chicago. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Idaho State Bar Association, Phi Beta Kappa, and several business and professional organizations.
Mr. Dillion was a member (for 7 years) and the Chair (for 4 years) of the Boise City Planning and Zoning Commission and was Chair of the Planning Subcommittee. He was Chair of the Real Property Section of the Idaho State Bar and served as a hearing examiner for the City of Caldwell's Planning and Zoning Department. He is past chair of the Professionalism and Ethics Section of the Idaho State Bar and currently chairs the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Idaho Law Foundation. He is a frequent presenter of CLE’s on ethics.
- "Conflicts of Interest in Business Transactions - The Common Engagement," The Advocate, September 2005.
- "Ethics and Asset Protection Planning" Taxation, Probate & Trust Law Section (Idaho State Bar) 2006 Annual Meeting.
- "Banner Coatings Case" Co-author, North American case research Association 2006 Annual Conference.
- "Development and Implementation of Effective Law Firm Mentoring Programs," Law Practice Management Section-sponsored CLE (November 1, 2006).
- "My Client? And I Agreed to do What? - Rule 1.2 and the Scope of Representation," Professionalism & Ethics Section-sponsored CLE (May, 24, 2006).
- "Externships, field placements and relations with the Bar" - a panel presentation at the Fifth Annual Meeting of Law School Small Business/Transactional Law Clinic Educators on "Teaching Transactional and Exempt Organization Law in the Classroom, in the Clinic and in Field Placements" (Chicago, April 6 and 7, 2006).
- "Reasonable Precautions in a Digital World" - presented to the Office of the Idaho Attorney General on December 16, 2004, a Professionalism & Ethics Section sponsored CLE on January 12, 2005, and the Idaho Prosecuting Attorney's association on February 11, 2005.
- "Conflicts of Interest in Business Transactions - The Common Engagement" - presented to a Young Lawyers Section sponsored CLE on May 6, 2005.
- "New Ideas in the Teaching of Professionalism" presented at the Annual Jack Rabbit Bar meeting in Big Sky Montana, June 3-5, 2004.