We require electronic applications via the LSAC Online Services website at www.lsac.org. However, if this causes a significant hardship, please contact the Office of Admissions at 208-885-2300 or email@example.com to make other arrangements. The Application for Transfer Admission will be available on December 2, 2013. The deadline for Transfer Admission is July 1, 2014.
No decisions will be made on transfer applications until the applicant's complete first-year transcripts are received. We will accept transfer student applications from ABA and non-ABA accredited law schools. Applicants from non-ABA accredited law schools must meet the requirements of ABA Standard 506 (Refer to Chapter 5: Admissions and Student Services). Transfer applicants should indicate in their application if they are interested in the Boise Third Year Program. The College of Law will inform transfer applicants of the admissions and Boise Third Year Program decisions at one time.
All of the following must accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Essay explaining why you wish to transfer to the University of Idaho College of Law-Not to exceed two pages; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman font; with one-inch top, bottom, left, and right margins.
- Letter of Good Standing from current law school indicating eligibility to return, GPA, and class rank.
- Official Transcript from current law school.
- Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report.
- A detailed addendum of explanation if any question on the CHARACTER AND FITNESS section is answered “Yes.”
Any of the following may accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Diversity Addendum expanding on any circumstance(s) or factor(s) listed in Question 21.
- Any other appropriate addendum or addenda.
It can take up three weeks for our office to receive and process your online application.
Download an Application
Deadline: August 7, 2014
(Preview Only - do not print & mail to the Admissions Office)