We require electronic applications via the LSAC Online Services website at www.lsac.org. The Application for Transfer Admission will be available on December 2, 2014. The deadline for Transfer Admission is July 1, 2015.
No decisions will be made on transfer applications until the applicant's complete first-year transcripts are received. We will accept transfer student applications from ABA and non-ABA accredited law schools. Applicants from non-ABA accredited law schools must meet the requirements of ABA Standard 506 (Refer to Chapter 5: Admissions and Student Services). Transfer applicants should indicate in their application if they are interested in the Boise 2nd and 3rd Year location. The College of Law will inform transfer applicants of the admissions and campus 2nd and 3rd Year location decisions at one time, after July 15.
All of the following must accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Essay explaining why you wish to transfer to the University of Idaho College of Law-Not to exceed two pages; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman font; with one-inch top, bottom, left, and right margins.
- Letter of Good Standing from current law school indicating eligibility to return, GPA, and class rank.
- Official Transcript from current law school.
- Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report.
- A detailed addendum of explanation if any question on the CHARACTER AND FITNESS section is answered “Yes.”
Any of the following may accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Diversity Addendum expanding on any circumstance(s) or factor(s) listed in Question 21.
- Any other appropriate addendum or addenda.
It can take up three weeks for our office to receive and process your online application.
Preview an Application
(Preview Only - do not print & mail to the Admissions Office)