As you know, the Admissions Office gets busy during application season. As applicants, you can do a few things to make it a little easier for us.
- DO apply early. Unless you are a transfer or visiting applicant, we begin reviewing applications in December, six weeks before our deadline. You may not get a decision earlier, but you will give your application the most possible opportunities to be reviewed. Also, more scholarships are available early in the process.
- DO provide us accurate contact information. It is very important that we have a valid mailing address and e-mail address that you check regularly! We also need a telephone number where you (not your parents) can be reached.
- DON'T have transcripts mailed directly to our office. You must have your college(s) and/or university(ies) send your transcripts directly to LSAC's CAS. We will not accept transcripts sent directly from colleges or universities.
- DON'T mail recommendation letters directly to our office. Please make sure your letter writers know they must send their letters to CAS along with the proper forms. We DO NOT ACCEPT LETTERS UNLESS THEY COME THROUGH LSAC's CAS.
- DO be careful with Microsoft Word. Using the "Track Changes" feature in Word can be helpful when others review your personal statement. If you use this feature be sure to turn it off before you upload the file to your online application! We will see every edit and change you made if you forget to do this.