We require electronic applications via the LSAC Online Services website at www.lsac.org. The Application for Regular Fall Admission will be available the end of October 2014. The priority deadline for Regular Fall Admission is March 15, 2015.
All of the following must accompany the Application for Regular Fall Admission:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Law School Admission Council Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Report.
- Resume - Not to exceed 2 pages.
- Personal statement - Not to exceed 3 pages; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman font; with one-inch top, bottom, left, and right margins. The personal statement may be on any topic of your choice. However it is strongly recommended that you include your reasons for wanting to study law and your reasons for wanting to study law at the University of Idaho College of Law.
- Letters of Recommendation - Not more than 3. At least 2 are required. You may choose whomever you wish to write on your behalf. However, it is strongly recommended that at least one letter come from a post-secondary professor whose class you have taken if possible.
- A detailed addendum of explanation if any question on the CHARACTER AND FITNESS section is answered “Yes.”
- An Employment Addendum if Question 16 is answered “No.”
- A TOEFL score. IF you were educated outside of the U.S. and your native language is not English, you must take the “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) test and receive a minimum score of 525 on the paper test, 193 on the computer-based test, or 70 on the internet-based test. More information on the TOEFL is available at http://www.toefl.org.
Any of the following may accompany the Application for Regular Fall Admission:
- Evaluation completed via the LSAC Evaluation Service-Not more than 1.
- Diversity Addendum expanding on any circumstance(s) or factor(s) listed in Question 23.
- Any other appropriate addendum or addenda.
Priority Deadline: March 15, 2015
The priority deadline for submitting your application is March 15. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing completed files as early as December and will continue reviewing files on a rolling basis. Every effort will be made to notify timely applicants of a decision by early April. You may still apply after the March 01 deadline but your application may not be reviewed as early as the applicants who met the priority deadline. Applicants placed in the Standby Pool will be promptly notified of any status change.
It can take up three weeks for our office to receive and process your online application.
Download an Application
(Preview Only - do not print & mail to the Admissions Office)