As a student in the College of Law, you'll have numerous opportunities to apply classroom knowledge to real legal situations. This valuable practical experience will give you an excellent head start in your legal career.
Build your professional skills through:
- Clinics: Advise clients in our Mediation Clinic, Immigration Law Clinic, Tax Clinic, Small Business Clinic, General Clinic or Economic Development Clinic.
- Externships: Work for public agencies, nonprofit organizations, or state and federal judges while earning credit.
- Semester in Practice: Third-year students work in approved agencies and nonprofits in Boise, Idaho.
- Pro Bono Program: Provide at least 40 hours of required law-related service.
- Leadership Opportunities: Get involved in one of our many student clubs and organizations.
- Competitions: Hone your skills through legal writing competitions and courtroom competitions.
- Magistrate Judge Research Assistance: Assist judges with research and writing projects.
- Legislative Research Assistance Program: Assist Idaho’s legislators with research and writing projects during the legislative session.