Start here for important dates, class schedules, registration, honor code, student fees and tuition and other general information for students.
Note: Schedules are considered to be drafts only and subject to change.
- College of Law Catalog / Law Student Handbook
- Honor Code
- Student Complaints (pdf)
- College of Law Bylaws (pdf)
- Student Information/Registration (VandalWeb)
- Registrar’s Class Schedule
- Financial Aid Information
- Disability Services
- Certification of Upper Division Writing Requirement (pdf)
- Transfer Credit Information (pdf)
- Academic Plan
FINAL EXAM RESCHEDULE PROCEDURES have been adopted to protect the rights of all students and to assure everyone an equal opportunity to perform well on exams.
The ONLY circumstances that justify an automatic reschedule for a final exam are:
Two exams on the same day; or
Exams on each of four consecutive days (without a day in between, including weekends). Please note - 3 exams in a row does not constitute a hardship and approval is at the discretion of the Associate Dean for Students, Academic Affairs & Administration. These requests are rarely granted and would require very compelling circumstances.
ALL other requests for rescheduling will be granted only if compelling circumstances exist and rescheduling is practicable with minimal administrative disruption. Hardship does not include the desire for an earlier end to exams; less expensive travel; attendance at family/friend events such as reunions, vacations, or weddings; or similar personal concerns. Rather, hardship must be of a compelling nature.
To request a reschedule, you must complete and submit this request form by Sunday, April 1, 2018. The Asst. Registrar will review requests that qualify for automatic approval and follow up with the student beginning Monday, April 2, 2018.
Those requests that do not qualify for automatic approval, will be reviewed with the Associate Dean for Students, Academic Affairs, & Administration.
Exams for which a reschedule is granted shall be given on an exam make-up day unless, in the discretion of the assistant registrar or associate dean, extraordinary circumstances are present. Students will be contacted via email as to whether the request has been granted and the exam has been rescheduled.
Save this form to your computer before you complete it. This PDF contains form fields. Complete the form electronically, sign (with a digital signature), and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the College of Law Catalog / Law Student Handbook provision related to your request before submitting this form for approval.Once the request has been submitted, you will be notified if it is approved. If the Dean of Students needs additional information before your request can be approved, you will be contacted via email.
Digital Signature instructions
- Click the signature line box.
- The drop down box next to “Sign As” could include several options. Click the drop down arrow on the right side of the box and scroll down until you find the option that is your @vandals.uidaho.edu email address and select.
- If your official UI email address is not an option, you will need to create a new ID.
- Click the Signature line box
- Select “New ID” from the drop down box
- Select “A new digital ID I want to create now”
- Select “Windows Certificate Store”
- Complete the necessary information (name and email address)
- Click Finish
- Click the “Sign” box and save the document on your desktop as “DOS Request Form”. Please be advised that this form and any attachments will only be accepted from an official UIdaho @vandals.uidaho.edu email address.
Students who need letters of standing for study abroad or LLM programs, or when applying to visit or transfer to another law school, must submit the request to the Dean's Office.
Normal processing for these letters is approximately three business days.
To prevent delays, please be sure and sign your request and include all the pertinent information (name and address of the program and/or law school, standing and/or GPA request, and student ID number).