Welcome to the University of Idaho
College of Law
Dean Mark Adams
Founded in 1909, the University of Idaho College of Law has emerged as one of the best educational values in the nation for many reasons. We have a faculty that truly cares about student outcomes and who provide students with hands-on skills relevant for today’s dynamic legal professions all in a welcoming atmosphere where students can focus on studies.
At the College of Law, we have a standing commitment to improving the administration of justice. We have a legacy of leading in the judiciary, the legal profession, business, and public service. And we believe our success has been built upon the steadfast belief that a law school should stand for something. The following characteristics help define our strategic vision for delivering exceptional value in legal education:
- To serve the public and make justice accessible, as exemplified by our pro bono service program and leading clinical program.
- To shape sound public policy through interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship, as demonstrated by our “Waters of the West” initiative.
- To prepare students for a world of specialization, by offering a dual campus model that draws upon the strengths of a land-grant research campus, Moscow, and dynamic metropolitan setting, Boise.
- To strengthen sustainability and understanding of the challenges facing the American West through our natural resources, environment, and Native American law emphases and programs.
- To promote economic development and efficient resolution of disputes through our programs in mediation, ethical litigation, business law, and entrepreneurism.
- To advance diversity, expressed through our commitment to equal opportunity and our welcoming of multiple perspectives and all types of backgrounds.
- To elevate academic quality above quantity, as evidenced by our selective admissions process and close faculty-student collaboration and supportive learning environments.
- To affirm that a life in the law is a noble calling, as reflected in our acclaimed professionalism program where small groups of students talk face-to-face with distinguished lawyers and judges about ethics and professionalism on the first day of law school.
Please explore our web site or contact me directly to learn more about this institution.
Mark L. Adams