711 S. Rayburn Drive
College of Law
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2321
Moscow, ID 83844-2321
Welcome from the Dean
Welcome to the University of Idaho
College of Law
This law school is old... and new. Founded in 1909, it has entered a second century of teaching (with a faculty that truly cares about student outcomes), scholarship (with a dedication to solving real problems), and service (with a commitment to improving the administration of justice).
The College has emerged as one of the best educational values in the nation, not just because it is cost-effective, but also because of its legacy of leading in the judiciary, the legal profession, business, and public service. The College’s success is built upon a steadfast belief that a law school should stand for something. At the University of Idaho College of Law, we stand for:
- Serving the public and making justice accessible, as exemplified by our pro bono service program and our leading clinical program.
- Shaping sound public policy through interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship, demonstrated by our “Waters of the West” initiative.
- Preparing students for a world of specialization, by offering courses of study that draw upon the strengths of both a land-grant research campus (Moscow) and a dynamic metropolitan setting (Boise).
- Strengthening sustainability and understanding of challenges facing the American West through our natural resources, environmental, and Native American law emphases.
- Promoting economic development and efficient resolution of disputes through our programs in mediation, ethical litigation, business law, and entrepreneurism.
- Advancing diversity, expressed by our commitment to equal opportunity and by our wide-open welcome of multiple perspectives and backgrounds.
- Elevating academic quality above quantity, evidenced by our highly selective admissions process and close faculty-student collaboration in intimate learning environments.
- Affirming that a life in the law is a noble calling, reflected in our acclaimed professionalism program in which small groups of students talk face-to-face with distinguished lawyers and judges about ethics and professionalism on their first day of law school.
These distinctive characteristics reflect our strategic vision for delivering exceptional value in legal education. Please explore our Web site or contact me directly to learn more about this remarkable institution.
Dean and Foundation Professor of Law