Since 1889, the University of Idaho, located in Moscow, Idaho
, has been leading the West by providing access to exceptional learning opportunities, world-class facilities and an unparalleled residential community.
Idaho offers a distinctive combination of outstanding majors and graduate programs, accomplished faculty, world-class facilities, renowned research and a residential campus in a spectacular natural setting. It's no wonder we're ranked among the top national universities in the country (U.S. News & World Report). We're also one of the best values in higher education (The Princeton Review).
Our campus in Moscow, Idaho, provides daily opportunities to share in our community and culture. Whether it's through athletics, student government, research or other activities, at the University of Idaho you have the opportunity to make more out of your college experience than you ever thought possible.
Here are some of the key ingredients to Idaho's distinctive campus community and culture:
- Our nearly 12,000 students come from every state and 73 countries. We're a top choice for top students - the freshmen class average GPA is 3.42.
- Faculty members are at the forefront of research and they lecture at prominent organizations around the world. They are accomplished teachers who educate, inspire and guide you.
- Modern facilities create a dynamic and engaging learning environment. Facilities include the stunning Student Recreation Center, Kibbie Dome, Idaho Commons, Student Union and Prichard Art Gallery.
- A vibrant campus life, with 200 student organizations, more than 20 minority student groups, weekly activities and events, the renowned Lionel Hampton International Jazz Festival, Moscow's active art scene, and the natural beauty that surrounds campus.
- Vandal athletic teams are members of the Western Athletic Conference. Vandals compete in 14 men's and women's NCAA Division I sports.
More about the University of Idaho.