To maintain effective video communications, ITS has made changes you should be aware of. ITS, with the assistance of the Provost’s Office, has contracted with a video bridging service for basic video services, free of charge, for academic and administrative use. Departments should contact their local System Administrator for support on these services. For further information regarding these changes, please contact Brian Cox, ITS Director, Customer Technology Support Services at email@example.com
There are now four services available when using video conferencing at the University of Idaho. Use the Matrix Table to help assist you pick what video conferencing service works best for you. A summary of each service and links to more detailed information can be found below.
Video Bridging Service
Non-Moscow Video Conferencing
- Cloud-based video bridging:
- To leverage this service work with your local system administrator. If you do not have IT staff, TSS can provide support this service for a fee. To contact TSS for video services send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-2290.
- Self Help System:
- Provides information on courses, meetings, and events for Non-Moscow Video Conferencing. This services is focused on embedded video conferencing systems, desktop presentation sharing, and live lecture.
- Movable Video Conferencing:
- Provides services for movable video carts, compressed video, desktop or presentation sharing, and meetings. This services works well for one on one, small group, and large group video conferencing and are available on the Moscow campus in select buildings. To contact TSS for video services send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 208-885-2290 for consultation.
- Communication Application:
- Can be downloaded and installed by UI faculty and staff for free. Lync provides interactive video and audio calls, desktop or presentation sharing, and recording of your conference. Lync works well for one on one, small group, and recording your video conference.
Video Service Matrix
Click on the video service matrix to see a simplified overview of the available video resources and who supports them.