ITS Locations

Help Desk

Teaching Learning Center Room 128
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Phone: (208) 885-4357 (HELP)


ITS Administration Offices
Administration Building
Room 140
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208)885-6721
Fax: (208)885-7539

Media Center

Teaching Learning Center 131 
Phone: (208) 885-6411
Fax: (208) 885-0566

Records Management

Office of Records Management
Student Union Building
Room 53
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4247
Moscow, ID 83844-4247
phone: (208) 885-2580

Current Hours of Operation
Mon: 7:30-4:30pm
Tue: 7:30-11:30am
Wed: 7:30-11:30am
Thur: 7:30-11:30am

Vandal Cards

Student Union Building
Room 124
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4256
Moscow, ID 83844-4256
Phone: (208) 885-7522
Fax: (208) 885-9208

Telephone Services

Administration Building 
Room 133
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208) 885-5800
Fax: (208) 885-7539

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who can use videoconferencing services through VCS?
    Anyone can use our videoconferencing services. University of Idaho instructional courses are given top priority, but public and private organizations are able to schedules meetings as well.
  • What does VCS stand for?
    Video Communication Services.
  • What is UOVNSS?
    UOVNSS (University Outreach Video Network Support Services) was our department when we resided under the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. In June of 2010 we joined the Information Technology Services (ITS) department and became Video Communication Services (VCS).
  • What equipment do you use?
    We utilize hardware and software by Tandberg (now owned by Cisco Systems). Tandberg is standards-compliant and compatible with most other vendor video conferencing endpoints.
  • Can I schedule a meeting on a Saturday?
    Yes, you may request to schedule a videoconference for a Saturday. Availability will be limited and the event may be subject to additional fees.
  • Can I add an audio-only participant to the videoconference through a phone?
    Yes, we can add in audio-only participants. You will need to make sure you mention this in your request and include the telephone bridge information. If you do not have a telephone bridge account, you may create one here.
  • Will you stream my videoconference live over a URL?
    No, we currently do not offer web video streaming in our service catalog.
  • What is the difference between a room-only request and a meeting?
    A room only request does not include any video connections and all the participants are in one location. A meeting request does include videoconferencing of at least two different locations.
  • Can I have a participant using Skype™ join my videoconference?
    While there are third party applications that can be added to Skype to make it compatible with our system, we currently do not offer or recommend this at this time. Because Skype is free it is easily accessible for many individuals, but it cannot support the quality or reliability our system provides and individuals may experience technical difficulties which VCS resolve and therefore cannot support.
  • How can I record my videoconference?
    We can record your videoconference on a flash drive if you use one of our three studios in Moscow. The studios are in the Agriculture Sciences building - AG 104, and College of Natural Resources building - CNR 14. We may be able to record your conference even if you don’t use one of the studios, just be sure to indicate on the request that you would like it recorded and we will let you know.
  • What information will I need for a participant that will not be at a University of Idaho endpoint?
    We can connect to participants all over the world, but our policies require that we test the connection before the scheduled conference. In order to test we will need the name of the site, a technical contact (including email and phone number), and the IP address if it is available.
  • Who do I contact for immediate technical support during a conference?
    For emergency assistance with a conference you can contact VCS at (208) 885-2806 or (208) 596-9558.
  • Do I need to have a budget ID to submit a request?
    Yes, A UI Budget ID is required to submit a request.  If you are not with the University of Idaho or do not have one, please contact the video scheduler and they will provide you with a General Vender Service Contact form.  This form will need to be filled out and returned to the video scheduler at