Take Action


ITS Locations

Help Desk

Teaching Learning Center Room 128
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Phone: (208) 885-4357 (HELP) 


ITS Administration Offices
Administration Building
Room 140
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208) 885-6721
Fax: (208) 885-7539

Media Center

Teaching Learning Center 131 
Phone: (208) 885-6411
Fax: (208) 885-0566

Records Management

Office of Records Management
Pitman Center (SUB)
Room 53
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4247
Moscow, ID 83844-4247
phone: (208) 885-2580

Current Hours of Operation
Mon: 7:30-4:30pm
Tue: 7:30-11:30am
Wed: 7:30-11:30am
Thur: 7:30-11:30am

Vandal Cards

Pitman Center (SUB)
Room 124
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4256
Moscow, ID 83844-4256
Phone: (208) 885-7522
Fax: (208) 885-9208

Telephone Services

Administration Building 
Room 133
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208) 885-5800
Fax: (208) 885-7539

Self-Help: Web Hosting

Web Hosting

at the University of Idaho

This tutorial applies to the following operating system(s):

Windows        Macintosh


The University is does not provide personal web space by default. However, faculty and staff can request web space by demonstrating an academic need or purpose. Once the request has been approved, employees may access sites using CIFS, SFTP, Dreamweaver and more.

I am faculty/staff – how do I request web space?

For faculty and staff, the university can provide academic-related web space for things such as taught classes and an academic portfolio site. To request a web space, please contact the Help Desk at 208-885-HELP (4357) or at helpdesk@uidaho.edu.

When making the request, we will need to know your username, why the request is being made and the address of the webspace you wish to have. All university sponsored webpages are of the form http://webpages.uidaho.edu/YourNameHere.

As such, requested webpages will be in the form:

I am a student – can I get personal web space?

Information Technology Services no longer offers hosted web pages by default. Exceptions will be made for classes requiring HTML development, but class-related space should be requested by the instructor. Individual students requiring a web page must demonstrate an academic need and obtain a professor sponsor before contacting the Help Desk to request a hosted web page.

What are my options for personal webspace?

If you are interested in creating a blog, sharing photos, or generally developing an online identity there are numerous popular and free non-ITS services available to you including:

  • WordPress - The most popular web-hosting service is the free wordpress.org, which allows you to install multiple themes and features.
  • Google Sites – A new, free web-development service from Google that requires no HTML to create basic websites.
  • Blogger – Popular Google blogging system.
  • Picasa – Popular Google photo sharing and management.
  • Flickr – Yahoo’s popular photo sharing site.