You must have prior permission to run this software. If you are not already in the group you can send a request to the ITS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access. If you are able to download the software, you should also be able to use it.
1. Once you have access to the VandalVPN group, the Cisco Anyconnect Client can be downloaded here:https://downloads.uidaho.edu/vpn/any/Cisco-AnyConnect-Windows.exe. Once the download has completed run the Cisco-AnyConnect-Windows.exe file
2. Select which module you would like installed. For most users just the AnyConnect VPN is all that will be needed. If you would wish to be able to run the VPN before logging in, select the check box next to that option and keep following these instructions. How to turn that feature on will be included later.
3. After you choose which module(s) you want you will be prompted to accept the EULA
4. After accepting the client should install. To connect to the VPN select the client from the start menu.
5. In the lower right-hand side of the screen a box should appear. The server should be vpn.uidaho.edu. Select “Connect” and then a new box should appear asking for you credentials. Make sure the group is VandalVPN (or the designated group, if appropriate). Enter your credentials and select OK. You should now be connected to the VPN. If you wish to be able to log into the VPN client before logging onto your computer, continue following the directions below.
6. If needed, turn on “Start Before Login” open AnyConnect and then select the gear icon to bring up the settings menu.
7. Under the Preferences tab check the box next to “Start VPN before logon to computer.”
8. The next time you log in, select the “Switch User” button below the password box and then in the lower right hand corner there will be a button with an arrow and two computers. Select that option>Connect to vpn.uidaho.edu>Enter your credentials>Select your account and log in like normal. You should be already connected to the VPN when you log in.