Once you leave the University of Idaho, you will need to do a full uninstallation of Sophos antivirus to prepare your computer for a new antivirus program to be installed without error. This tutorial will guide you through the process of completely removing Sophos antivirus from your Windows machine.
Remember that ITS has a list of other handy step-by-step tutorials that can be found on our tutorials page.
- Navigate to the installation folder on your hard drive. By default, Sophos is installed in library/Sophos Anti-Virus. Double-click the icon titled, “Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg”:
- On the screen that follows, select “Continue” to begin the uninstall process:
- After the uninstall begins, you will need to select the hard drive Sophos is installed on. Once you have selected the correct hard drive, select “Continue”:
- The following screen confirms which device you selected previously. If this is correct, select “Install” to removeSophos from your computer:
Note: The installer may require you authenticate before proceeding, depending on how your Mac OS is setup.; Key in your computer password, and select “OK” to continue:
- When the uninstall is complete, select “Close” to finish:
Your system is now ready to instal a new antivirus program such as AVG, Panda, Norton or McCaffee.