From time to time, you may receive an email from ITS informing you of your account password expiring. Due to security and best industry practices, ITS does not allow indefinitate use of a single password - instead passwords are limited to 90 days for regular "short" password or 400 days for passphrases.
How do I change my password?
You may change your password by visiting the Account Management page at https://help.uidaho.edu/. Once logged in select the "Change Passwords" menu item. Click here for additional instructions on changing a forgotten password.
What services use the NetID?
Your account is used to login to Active Directory, Exchange e-mail, Blackboard, the Student Computer Labs, office computers, Frontpage Services and the Unix/Kiosk systems.
Why does my password expire every 90 days?
The primary objective of the standards for University of Idaho network computing devices are:
- Sustain the integrity and reliability of the UI network and attached components.
- Ensure timely and reliable access to and use of data and information technology resources.
- Preserve the privacy of information for authorized uses only and preserve the rights of ownership associated with intellectual property (e.g., copyright, trademarks, patents licenses, etc.)
- Assure the reliability and integrity of data by logging a record of unauthorized or inadvertent modification or deletion of facts.
- Preserve information resources for authorized use and prevent the malicious use of information resources.
Additional information can be found in chapter 30 of the University of Idaho Administrative Procedure Manual (APM).
Who do I contact for technical issues?
If you have any questions, or have problems changing your password, please visit the ITS Help Desk in the Idaho Commons/TLC room 128 with a photo id. The ITS Help Desk can also be reached by phone at 208-885-HELP (4357)
or by e-mail at email@example.com