Getting started with e-commerce is a simple process:
1. Contact Terry Quinn at ITS. He will contact you and set up a meeting to plan your store. At this meeting, all elements of store operation will be reviewed with you, including UI's standards for online customer service.
2. Acquire graphics for use in your store. You will need thumbnail and full-size images for each product, and a graphic for your store is also encouraged. You may re-use images for different products if you like. If you would like to use photographs of your merchandise, it is strongly recommended that you have your merchandise professionally photographed by UI Printing and Design Services. The cost is $10 per item for up to 20 items. For larger batches of items, an hourly rate can be arranged. Please contact Cindy Johnson
at Printing and Design Services
for more information or to make an appointment.
3. Establish a detail code for each budget and R-code that you would like to use in your store. Detail codes are created and managed by Student Accounts, but ITS can help you coordinate their creation.
4. ITS will set up the framework of your store. We will work with you and set up at least some categories and items to be used as examples, and create user accounts for all persons who will be operating the store.
5. Attend training on store operation. Before your store opens to the public, all persons who will be operating the store will need to receive training on store operation. A training meeting will be arranged to fit your group's schedule.
6. Load merchandise and begin store operation. After you have completed training, you can start loading merchandise and open your store!