Summer 2014 classroom changes
upgrades will continue to be rolled out
across campus. We upgraded the classrooms in the Teaching and Learning Center this past summer and are now moving on
to the rest of the campus technology rooms . Some of the changes to look for:
- A new touch panel with an improved user interface
- Presentation Mode is now available in PowerPoint
- HDMI video/audio input is now available
- Video preview is now on the lectern monitor instead of the touch panel
- Blu-ray disc players in each classroom
- 1080p resolution on new projectors
- Selectable audio on all video sources
- Removal of VCRs
The SMART boards in the larger Alberson rooms (101, 102, 201, 204) will be replaced with a larger, brighter projection screen display.
Operation of the classroom computers will change slightly over the summer. By the start of the fall semester there will no longer
be a 'local drive' option on the computers. The classroom computers will boot to UI Computer Lab image.
JEB 121 will no longer be a technology classroom while Admin 326 will become a technology classroom.
The Mac computer lab in Admin 221 is getting a facelift with new carpet, furniture and display system.
Who we are
CTS proactively provides tools and support for effective face-to-face teaching and learning. We help identify and implement
strategies and instructional technology systems that enable modern classroom instruction. We strive for reliable classroom systems
with zero class time lost from technical issues and high user confidence. We are a resource for the campus community.
We can help with:
- Access to classroom technology
- Training and support of technology users
- Design and installation of classroom technology
If you have any questions, please contact us