The AGIT Review Process is established to assist University of Idaho units with technology solutions or where technology-related policies are required.
To start the process please email AGIT and provide a basic description of your project request. An AGIT memeber will be assigned to gather further information from you.
You may view the complete AGIT documents
Review Process, Project Form, Five Year Total Cost of Ownership (TOC) Analysis ,and Contract Terms Dealing with Information Security.
Some of the benefits of having a university-wide review of technology projects:
- Reduces the probability of security and/or compliance problems
- Maintains control, organization and knowledge of university data
- Maximizes utilization of existing technology experts by avoiding duplicative solutions to similar problems
- Improves integration between UI systems, providing a better experience for faculty, staff, students and others
- Improves prioritization of UI technology work and the use of ITS and other technology resources towards the fulfillment of the UI Strategic Plan
- Improves vendor management and contract terms as well as ensuring utilization of state and consortium pricing
- Creates institutional financial savings through the utilization of economies of scale, better understanding of the total cost of ownership for technology and a reduction in the number of failed technology projects
- Provides ability to view and budget for UI’s technology and technology support spending