ITS is updating the AirVandalGold wireless security certificate due to the old one expiring in several weeks. The change-over was implemented on March 19th. Because the certificate is a different type with a different name (wireless.uidaho.edu versus sacs1.its.uidaho.edu), most devices will throw a warning that a new certificate was detected. Most devices simply require a confirmation from the user to allow the certificate, but some may require more complicated steps. Check below for your operating system to see how you will need to proceeded after March 19th to retain connectivity.
Unfortunately, some machines may require additional steps to re-connect to AirVandalGold. If you do not get the prompts above, or can not connect, take the following steps:
On a Windows machine:
- Connect to the AirVandalGuest wireless network using the password GoVandals!
- Open Internet Explorer and browse to https://directory.uidaho.edu
- This will update your security certificate. Now disconnect from AirVandalGuest
- Connect to AirVandalGold and you should be prompted with a new security certificate prompt - click connect.
On a Apple OS X machine:
- Open system preferences by clicking the Apple icon in the top menu and selecting System Preferences
- Select Profiles and Network Profiles if you have them.
- You should see a list of profiles - one or more of which should be AirVandalGold. Remove all of them.
- Connect to AirVandalGold.