ITS provides drop-off Scantron scoring for university departments at no charge with a one day (8 business-hour) turn around time. Questions about the Scantron service can be directed to the ITS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ITS uses a Scantron iNSIGHT 4ES scanner in conjunction with Remark Software which allows for detailed reports, and captures an image of every test as it is scanned. Make sure to use Scantron General Purpose Answer Sheet No. 223127 for both tests and keys.
ITS does not provide forms or header sheets. Scantron materials are available from the UI Bookstore.
The above video provides an overview of the scantron service.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Before dropping off completed scantron forms, please fill out our service request form.
- Bring completed forms to the ITS Help Desk (TLC 128) during business hours. Remember we will only accept forms from designated customers listed on the service request form. ID is required.
- Keep an eye on your email as we will contact you if there are any issues we are unable to correct with the Scantrons.
- Once the scanning is complete we will send an email to you and anyone else designated to pick them up. Make sure whoever is sent to pick up the forms has photo ID.
- Once we have verified ID the forms will be returned and the results will be securely transmitted to your U: drive.
ITS will make every effort to provide scoring results within 8 business hours. Contact the Help Desk Manager if you have a particular time sensitive request.
Instructions for Test Takers
- Use a ‘number 2’ pencil. Failure to do so, or use of a pen, will render the sheet unreadable. Failed sheets will be returned to the instructor unscored.
- Do not wrinkle the exam sheet. If a Scantron sheet is unable to be fed successfully it will be returned to the instructor unscored.
- Fill in the first name, last name, and Identification # sections completely. The Identification # section uses your student ID# without the dash. Fill it out left to right and do not leave a blank space where the dash would be located.
Tips for Test Providers
- Ask students to bring their VandalCards with them to the test. The VandalCard contains the student ID#.
- Spot check forms as they are being turned in to make sure the name and ID# sections are filled out.
- Remind students to use a ‘number 2’ pencil to fill out the scantron.
The above video gives tips on Scantron test taking for students. We recommend showing this video to your classes to reduce testing errors.