Conditional admission may be granted to applicants who qualify academically, but have not yet achieved the University of Idaho minimum English language requirements for full admission. Students granted conditional admission must enroll in the University of Idaho American Language and Culture Program (ALCP) to achieve the minimum language requirement. If the required level of language proficiency is not achieved within a two-year time period, applicants may petition to continue in the ALCP, and will need to reactivate their application for admission to the academic department.
Students seeking conditional admission must submit:
- An international application for admission.
- $70 nonrefundable application fee.
- ALCP application
- (Pay only the $70 application fee above. You are not required to pay the additional ALCP application fee if you are applying for conditional admission for the same term.)
- Official secondary school transcript showing subjects and marks received and graduation date. If you have not yet graduated from secondary school, a transcript showing all completed work may be accepted for early admission. External examination reports should be provided when applicable.
- Official transcripts with subjects and marks received form any colleges or universities attended.
Please see Admissions for the most up-to-date information.